Wet fire

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Cougar

Wet fire

Post by Cougar »

Seen this referred to in several BOB clips on youtube recently but is it anything more than individually wrapped fire lighter blocks?

Not from what I can see but a good idea I think so I have now added a couple of blocks I individually wrapped to my BOB's as a quick way to get a fire going.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Mark Twain

Area 4
eastmidsprepper

Re: Wet fire

Post by eastmidsprepper »

I carry a tea light candle in mine multi purpose can be used for several things
damaralenoire

Post by damaralenoire »

I bought a keyring off ebay. Its a little bullet shaped container filled with magnesium powder, £1

cant find the one i bought but this is similar

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALUMINIUM-STA ... 19da2f5230

it may seem a bit glorified and perhaps in some cases unecessary to me its handy.

what do you individually wrap the blocks in and is it likely to dry out or become unnafective if stored wrong etc?
AREA 12

“Life belongs to the living, and he who lives must be prepared for changes.”
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

http://bushcraftliving.com/reviews/47-f ... ire-tinder

Like a firelighter, but not a firelighter

Did you heatseal your packets? Because otherwise the volatiles will dry out

Recently I've been experimenting with 'Magic Biscuits' ....Including a self igniting version :shock:
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Cougar

Post by Cougar »

I wrapped them in good old clingfilm so maybe over time they will become less effective.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Mark Twain

Area 4
KrisWard

Post by KrisWard »

Cougar wrote:Seen this referred to in several BOB clips on youtube recently but is it anything more than individually wrapped fire lighter blocks?

Not from what I can see but a good idea I think so I have now added a couple of blocks I individually wrapped to my BOB's as a quick way to get a fire going.
Just make sure they are not the parafin "smelly" ones, and it will stink out your bag.