What preps are you doing this week? part 2.

How are you preparing
Arzosah

Re: What preps are you doing this week? part 2.

Post by Arzosah »

DustyDog wrote:Brambles can you tell us more bout your solar gennie??? Maybe some pics please.
From me too! Brambles, that sounds brilliant!
bob the builder

Post by bob the builder »

Not much of a prep but at the weekend asda were clearing out a lot of their winter stuff so picked up a snow shovel and some easy melt for only a couple of quid.

Can't really call this a full on prep but bought a 4x4 as I'll prob use the estate car as a bug out vehicle as I got 4.0 v8 range rover. Ok it can go more places than the car but I can't really store petrol as long as diesel for the car plus the mpg isnt great but being lpg I'm fuel strike ready as I can run on nearly anything.
Not planning for the end of the world just to survive till normality resumes, while sticking to the scout moto be prepared!

Still considering do I want to survive the end of the world or deck chair on the front lawn with a cold beer?
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Arzosah wrote:
DustyDog wrote:Brambles can you tell us more bout your solar gennie??? Maybe some pics please.
From me too! Brambles, that sounds brilliant!

Here you go.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=11731
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Stasher

Post by Stasher »

Following tin-gate last week I have increased stockholding of some items that I thought we were 'light' in

After a review of all our seedlings and the realisation we could start our own tomato shop with the amount of plants coming on we have given a load to our 'trade' partners - the varied plants we have given them will metamorphose into pears and apples later in the year and the odd jam/chutney swap

Following the high winds, after a little chainsaw work, we will have enough wood to see us thro for the next few years! :lol: Maybe thats a gifted prep? I try to see the positive in our trees landing on other peoples land............
Knowledge is power
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

gave up nicotine.

Hungry........
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

Congrats Nick, now watch your weight.
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Stasher

Post by Stasher »

nickdutch wrote:gave up nicotine.

Hungry........
Wow! Impressed.

From your posts I take it your a 'mind over matter' person with great focus. I don't want to wish you luck, I don't want to congratulate you, I just want you to know that I know (still with me? :D ) this is a seriously big project and I'm rooting for you
Knowledge is power
jansman

Post by jansman »

I have been re reading a book or two. One of them 'Last Light'. The chapter dealing with the panic buying in the supermarket when the population realises the food is running out, made me look at my preps.
I have been rather lax,and using and not replacing stores. From a rotation angle that is a good thing, most certainly. However, that chapter made me think about 'What If?' the news held the same story as 'Last Light' and food etc. was going to to go short? I am a seasoned prepper and even I have let the job slide! :lol:
So it is time to round off the preps over the next few weeks.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

Hamradioop wrote:Congrats Nick, now watch your weight.
When I return to the dumbbells that will be sorted out :)
reperio a solutio
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

Stasher wrote:From your posts I take it your a 'mind over matter' person with great focus.
I think its more a question of being willing to act when the flames are licking my arse, but still, like with all humans, I'd rather the flames never came near :)

3 X 24h periods without nicotine over. Haven't eaten so much in a long time.

On another note, kale when juiced by itself in the cheap auger manual juicer can taste like dried out bladderwrack seaweed smell on a dry and dusty sand dune. With a flavour that rank, it's got to be good for something......
reperio a solutio