What preps are you doing this week? part 2.

How are you preparing
greyman

Re: What preps are you doing this week? part 2.

Post by greyman »

Finally got my adventurer 1.5l ghillie kettle after a let down from the first eBay seller.
Had a go today,very impressed,first try was 10 minutes but the fire wasn't burning well tried it again after the first go brought it down to 6 minutes,probably as fast as my electric kettle.
And no hairs left on my left hand and the lovely smell of burning hair(can't spell singing :oops: )
greyman

Post by greyman »

MissAnpassad wrote:
greyman wrote:
If you do your maths you get 400 hrs from IKEA and only 300 hrs from yours. :D
I was speaking about volym. 300 ikea tea lights and 200 from Liljeholmens has the exact same burn time, but guess wich of those that takes up less storage space?
So it wasn't my mathematic skill that were off.
And I was talking about price per hrs burn time so.hey ho
terrytaylor84

Post by terrytaylor84 »

ive been out and bought myself some bear grylls waterproof trousers and ive had to start again with my preps, after knackering my back up again, ending up in hospital, losing my job and ending up homeless. Fortunately i have a new job that pays even better than my last and a new 1st floor flat too.
jansman

Post by jansman »

terrytaylor84 wrote:ive been out and bought myself some bear grylls waterproof trousers and ive had to start again with my preps, after knackering my back up again, ending up in hospital, losing my job and ending up homeless. Fortunately i have a new job that pays even better than my last and a new 1st floor flat too.
Good luck.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
MissAnpassad

Post by MissAnpassad »

greyman wrote:
MissAnpassad wrote:
greyman wrote:
If you do your maths you get 400 hrs from IKEA and only 300 hrs from yours. :D
I was speaking about volym. 300 ikea tea lights and 200 from Liljeholmens has the exact same burn time, but guess wich of those that takes up less storage space?
So it wasn't my mathematic skill that were off.
And I was talking about price per hrs burn time so.hey ho
I wonder if you even read my first post. And do tell me how extra storage space don't cost money in the long run. :roll: Or how health issues and the ecological impacts caused by the cheap petroleum biproduct candles aren't costing you anything? The more expensive ones are made out of animal fat instead.
*Comment removed by moderator.*
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

OK, that's enough petty squabbling about a bunch of candles, BOTH of you.

Miss Anpassad - you've only been here a short while and may be still finding your feet with us. Therefore, the moderators are prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt for now, as we are aware that some things may get 'lost in translation'. But let me make one thing clear. This is a friendly forum. We do not tolerate personal attacks or attempts to belittle other members. Your last post constitutes both of those things. Please refrain.
greyman

Post by greyman »

jansman wrote:
terrytaylor84 wrote:ive been out and bought myself some bear grylls waterproof trousers and ive had to start again with my preps, after knackering my back up again, ending up in hospital, losing my job and ending up homeless. Fortunately i have a new job that pays even better than my last and a new 1st floor flat too.
Good luck.
Yeah,good luck ,sometimes s**t happens for a reason ;)
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

Good on you and congratulations, on your new Job

J
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

Returning my DD hammocks underblanket due to poor stitching that holds the loops that you hang it from , pretty dissapointed with that
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

I've just set up a standing order to Royal Mint Bullion so I can buy some bullion every month.