What preps are you doing this week? Part 3.

How are you preparing
Medusa

Re: What preps are you doing this week? Part 3.

Post by Medusa »

Printed off important documents and saved them to a USB. Chopped a huge pile of wood and had to buy a garden storage box to keep it in as the shed is now full to capacity. Spent my Amazon birthday vouchers on a kettle for on top of the woodburning stove and a Sawyer mini filter. Did my monthly online shop and added a few more things for the food and general household store. Re organised a few of my preps and added a few more things to my wishlist. Now for a glass of red :D
Growing old disgracefully!
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

Due to hernia, cannot chop any wood and due to rather large bill i have just received, i'm actually using some of my preps, i.e food, the one thing i can cut back on when i'm in financial need, another example of why it is good to prep. :lol:
Up in the wet South Lakeland
Zunzuncito

Post by Zunzuncito »

Averted mini crisis of wasps nest in my roof (well, under the corner tile of my roof) which meant some of the little sods were getting into my fabulous loft. Happy to say they are all now eradicated.

On a more prepper note, my husband (who I haven't yet mentioned my basic prepping to as I think if I say 'prepping' he'll zone out & not take it seriously) asked me why I had ordered two new torches. I responded with, well one of ours has broken and we need a bigger one (we have mainly small maglite type ones and I wanted a dynamo one too). He asked why we need so many torches (we only have 4!) to which I told him should anything happen such a a power cut - which I think is a high probability, then we are going to need them and candles so we can get by. He said 'good point' to which I then told him where the torches were all kept. Mini win! :D
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Zunzuncito wrote:Averted mini crisis of wasps nest in my roof (well, under the corner tile of my roof) which meant some of the little sods were getting into my fabulous loft. Happy to say they are all now eradicated.

On a more prepper note, my husband (who I haven't yet mentioned my basic prepping to as I think if I say 'prepping' he'll zone out & not take it seriously) asked me why I had ordered two new torches. I responded with, well one of ours has broken and we need a bigger one (we have mainly small maglite type ones and I wanted a dynamo one too). He asked why we need so many torches (we only have 4!) to which I told him should anything happen such a a power cut - which I think is a high probability, then we are going to need them and candles so we can get by. He said 'good point' to which I then told him where the torches were all kept. Mini win! :D
Keep plugging away with the other half, mine was very dismissive and still isn't fully behind it although she's getting with the program, she even points out things that 'I' might like and she's coming round to storing more of 'her' stuff too. You can always try and explain its nothing to do with zombies or WW3, just for the 'what if the lights go out, the cash points aren't working for a few days stuff. Us boys like our toys so you can maybe work on that side of things, even something as daft as a hatchet can get us going all "ooh, I wouldn't mind one of them".
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Zunzuncito, I agree, torches are **really** important - I get power cuts a couple of times a year on average, and I'm down here in heavily populated south east England. They're not often very long, but even so its inconvenient to fumble around in the dark for a while.

There is something I have to disagree with you about though - eradicating a wasps nest is a top prep, good for you :lol:

My little Fenix torch I ordered last week has arrived, so I'm pleased with that. And I'm foraging blackberries, and starting on the apple trees now.
junmist

Post by junmist »

Dammed all this talk of touches has reminded me need some more battery's :(
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
tolerance

Post by tolerance »

Hey Ladies and Gents been a while hope all is well....

Been a busy Summer with that whole thing we call 'Work' so have not posted for quite sometime.

I have got to sort out my first aid kits this week,
It is one of those things i often forget to do
yet of course its potentially one of the most important preps we have.

Need to freshen up some of my cache's in the next few weeks as well,
So if you see a guy walking around a Kentish woodland digging a dozen holes within a few feet of each other,
And a co ordinate sheet upside down,
mumbling to himself i am sure it was next to this tree stump....
Don't worry its only me :)

Not much else prepping wise going on really,

Got one eye on the weather this time of year as Autumn and Winter are slowly creeping upon us but that is as exciting as it gets i am afraid.

Anyways,
Be safe everyone and be excellent to each other.

Regards
@tolerancekeith
Having food,water and shelter are not a right.
They are a responsibility.

So make it your priority.
sethorly

Post by sethorly »

Bought 6 life straws and 6 mini-sawyers (for family of 6). That's stages 1 and 2 of my 4-stage water-prep list done (1st stage was a month's supply of bottled water - 20p for 2 litres at sainsburys). Wife barely moaned at all - yay! Now I've got to plan out some sort of rainwater-collection system, and research large gravity filter systems.
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

Heya folks! Not been on here for a bit due to just pootling on with life as you do. Had a foot opp back in April, so was off my feet for 2-3 months so the allotment had gone to rack and ruin, so this week I have been trying to get back on top of it. Yes , I know, 3 months in the spring/summer and the allotment has become a jungle! The othe prep I have done recently which is a looking forward prep, is to change my job to better hours to allow me better time management so I can give time to my allotment in order to prepare from a food production point of view. Ok so I will reap those rewards next season, but getting it planned and prepped now, helps.
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
Squirrelcatcher

Post by Squirrelcatcher »

Zunzuncito wrote: He asked why we need so many torches
I must be barking mad. I have loads of torches. I just keep buying them every time there's an offer. :(