Major Sun Burn - worth keeping treatment

Medical and Healthcare
MissAnpassad

Re: Major Sun Burn - worth keeping treatment

Post by MissAnpassad »

My father died from skincancer and if I ever go to places like the Mediterranean or Africa again, i'm going to buy myself a "burkini" (there are male varieties aswell) and wear longsleeved shirts and long pants/skirts in linen (linen doesn't insulate so you stay quite cool) plus cover my head with a hat, because clothes and hats are a far better sunblock than any cream you can buy.
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

I was badly sunburnt as a child so I'm pretty aware, I nearly always have a bush hat and long sleeves around to cover up if I need to.
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

After the removal of a pre-cancerous mole last year and the removal of several "iffy" ones prior to tha , I tend to wear goth factor sunscreen and cover up well anyway. UV can penetrate some fibres so it is still important to wear a high factor sunscreen under clothing along with a wide brimmed hat. Stupidly as a young teenager I exposed my skin to far too much natural sunlight and burned several times, not a risk I can continue to take.
Growing old disgracefully!
Zunzuncito

Post by Zunzuncito »

Due to my line of work (H&S) I know a bit about burns (and other injuries) and you can get some really good burn gels and burn dressings for reasonably cheap prices (Burnshield are a good brand). Normally you shouldn't put creams/lotions on burns but these gels/sprays are specifically designed for burns and work really well. They're pretty small so easy to keep in a first aid kit or in your EDC or other supplies.