Who likes knives?

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
kevprep85

Re: Who likes knives?

Post by kevprep85 »

im sure ive seen this blade cheaper than that il have a look through and see if i can find it
failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
sethorly

Post by sethorly »

If you really think you'll need something bigger than a Mora, how about a Cold Steel SRK? Functional large full tang bushcrafting knife.
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======
Drcamburn

Post by Drcamburn »

Last edited by Drcamburn on Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you work, you eat, it's as simple as that.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Somebody mention my name?

On knives, help me to help you with a bit more information:

Where are you going to use it?
What are you going to use it for?
Is it going to be your only tool?

All tool choices are ultimately down to your own preferences.
Some things to think about though:
Knives and all other cutting tools will wear out just by being maintained.
You can lose anything you take out of your home.
Other peoples reaction is based on what your tool looks like as well as how you carry it and what you're doing with it
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Drcamburn wrote:Definitely want to plus one the mora knives. I've had a Ray Mears branded one for ages and I've not managed to ruin it yet. Plus it makes me look like a Ray Mears wannabe in the hopefully unlikely event I get stopped with it (although I usually stick to the Swiss army knife when I'm out).

I like my Swiss farmer

http://www.uktoolcentre.co.uk/Shop/p~48 ... 126NP.html

Basic simple and no frills ( though I miss the tweezers)

Another of my favourite sak 's is the camping sporting an small blade corkscrew and tweezers / pick over the farmer no bs no frills what you need day to day
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
THRCNBEONLY1

Post by THRCNBEONLY1 »

Forge forgive the late reply. Some stuff going on in the family the now.

With regards the knife and its use. Honestly im just looking for a good all round steel that will do everything except cut down a tree and also look and feel formidable should it ever need to be used for such a situation. The blade will NOT be carried on me at any time other that if the situation called for it. And you'll no doubt agree that if it did call for it, the you can understand the reasoning for having such a knife. Hope that makes sense.

As mentioned i have plenty of blades for bushcraft etc that are all of respectable sizes not to draw any unwanted attention.
Drcamburn

Post by Drcamburn »

Last edited by Drcamburn on Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you work, you eat, it's as simple as that.
gamekeeper752

Post by gamekeeper752 »

Learn to Knap flint, that way no one would even think twice about what your carrying around I use the odd blade to butcher deer a couple of times a year, just to keep my eye in as it were,

But from what I see here seems to me a question of survival, so a good blade strong enough to cut/saw a branch etc or a killing knife( smooth bladed double sided and not to big) cos the world has ended.

If its zombies I want to be as far away as possible from them when I kill one, so It's my machete for that

Either way you will get nicked full stop, and after the attack on London using knives, I would suggest an actual prison sentence just for carrying one on you,( yes I know all the legal shite) but not one person has gone to prison for the mandatory 5 years on the statute books alone.
Train hard,Fight easy, put the kettle on and make tea
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Do I like knives :D

Got to admit I don't like that big fella you like ;)

I love Moras, but have a look at the Cold Steel Bushman http://www.coldsteel-uk.com/store/New-B ... eries.html I had one and loved it, paracorded the handle and did the Rambo bit with bits and pieces :shock:

Image Image

About half my knives the rest are in bags, BOBs and pockets...

shocker

Post by shocker »

Seeing that WW2 type British Army Clasp Knife brings back sad memories - one of those was my first decent knife, given by my dad when I was a nipper. The coppers searched me one day in Regents Park and took it off me. I was so upset that I followed them back to Albany St nick to ask for it back. All I got was the (then) customary clip round the ear'ole :cry: never found one of that quality since.
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***