What Preps are you doing this week? Part 4

How are you preparing
jansman

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 4

Post by jansman »

Brambles wrote:Been practicing my foraging skills.....I caught enough fish at the lake to have fed us a few times over :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Anyone who fishes ain't half bad! :D That and gardens are the universal language.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
woodsman1

Post by woodsman1 »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:
woodsman1 wrote:just updated all my first aid kits one for work vital as i'm a lone worker using power tools, one in the wife's car, house and hill walking, camping kit.
also updating my fire starting kit for camping, all good fun

What tools you using?
mowers, hedge cutters, brush cutters, chainsaws, all petrol can you tell i'm a gardener
also all the hand tools that go with the job too my first aid kit is set up for splinters to trauma
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

I got a natty little ferro rod gadget to go on my key ring, it's all inside a metal tube with a screw striker on one end and the rod unscrews from the other end. Seems to spark quite nicely and looks tough enough to take a beating on my keys.
Even come with a spare O ring. Not bad for a couple of quid.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

woodsman1 wrote:
Yorkshire Andy wrote:
woodsman1 wrote:just updated all my first aid kits one for work vital as i'm a lone worker using power tools, one in the wife's car, house and hill walking, camping kit.
also updating my fire starting kit for camping, all good fun

What tools you using?
mowers, hedge cutters, brush cutters, chainsaws, all petrol can you tell i'm a gardener
also all the hand tools that go with the job too my first aid kit is set up for splinters to trauma

Look into CAT (Combat application torniquets

Celox gauze

Israeli and oales field dressings

And oales blast dressings

If your waving chainsaws about ;)

And obviously the first aid training

Correct PPE IS WELL WORTH THE EXPENCEif you haven't got the boots / spats gloves and jacket
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
woodsman1

Post by woodsman1 »

Hi Andy
I have most of the above and full safety clothing, learnt my lesson when i had a fight with a hedge trimmer (i lost) :shock:
luckily i had my kit on hand and was able to stem the bleed myself. you can never have enough training as accidents do happen
thanks for the list above :) :)
ukpreppergrrl

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

ukpreppergrrl wrote:Fixing the roof on my side shed to make it water tight :) Then once I've replaced the door and frame I can use it for storage and the base for my solar power reconfiguration.
Alas last night's heavy rain penetrated my defences! :x Time for waterproofing plan B!
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

sniper 55 wrote:I got a natty little ferro rod gadget to go on my key ring, it's all inside a metal tube with a screw striker on one end and the rod unscrews from the other end. Seems to spark quite nicely and looks tough enough to take a beating on my keys.
You got a link bro ???
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Deeps wrote:
sniper 55 wrote:I got a natty little ferro rod gadget to go on my key ring, it's all inside a metal tube with a screw striker on one end and the rod unscrews from the other end. Seems to spark quite nicely and looks tough enough to take a beating on my keys.
You got a link bro ???
Here you go mate. I've no connection with the seller.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magnesium-Fli ... 2749.l2649
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

I have one of those little ferro rods, it's actually a copy of a more expensive one, they do sell spare rods that screw into them, haven't checked if they fit in the cheapie one, but I think the refills are more expensive than a whole new cheap one so it's pretty irrelevant really.
I quite like it, I don't like the striker but for emergency use it does the job and they're a nice neat little package.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
ChefSimon

Post by ChefSimon »

Well I've passed my Medical courses this week, so that's me back up to date for another 3 years for most of it and another year for the rest.

Not going to lie, I'm a little gutted I wasn't allowed to take 'samples' of the drugs home. Could have made for a nice relaxed weekend!
sniper 55 wrote: Here you go mate. I've no connection with the seller.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magnesium-Fli ... 2749.l2649
Thanks for the link Sniper. Going to grab a spare for my collection for that price. Even if it's on the slow boat from China!
Prior Planning & Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance.

No plan survives first contact.

Bug in before bugging out. Meet the problem on your terms!