TENTS

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
DrPreppers

TENTS

Post by DrPreppers »

I am currently looking to change my BOB set to include a new tent. As we tend to travel fairly light on gear I have the capacity to lug a 3 man tent around.
One wife, one mastiff and me..... so a two person may be a little cramped.
I toyed with the idea of carrying 2 x 1 berth tents, but I found 3 berth tents that weighed less than the x2 option, so.....

Spec:
Under 3kg
2 plus or 3 man
Outer skin preferably green.
For use anywhere in the UK.

I am looking currently at the Vango range - maybe the Banshee 300, I used a Vango a while back on a round Britain coastal walk and it did well until I set fire to it!
Quecha seem ok, we have a pop up quickpitch - not the right shape to lug around though. More a leave it in the back of the motor type tent....plus it's dayglo green, (it was as new and only £20.00) so I suffer the colour. :shock:

Budget around £200.00, but the less we spend the more we can change other stuff.
Any advice or comments would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
Evasion is an art form, a true artist may follow his pursuers.
woodsman1

Re: TENTS

Post by woodsman1 »

the banshee is a good tent i use that one too, strong and light my only advise on that tent though is use a footprint happy camping :D
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/tents-and-s ... ie-3-tent/

Porch gives space for a wet mutt or bags / boots
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
xplosiv1

Post by xplosiv1 »

The Vango Tempest 300 is a great piece of kit, I've had one for years, never fails in any weather. can easily be erected in under 5 mins.

I have a dark green one, blends right in when wild camping. (obviously not in winter)

pre angled aluminum poles were a great addition to this tent and have also never failed me, no rips or tears even after years of pitching it in some pretty inhospitable places.

the mountain Hardwear Trango tent is a decent piece of kit too if your looking for a 4 season tent

The Mountain Hardwear VE2 is probably the best 4 season expedition single layer tent going (at a decent price point anyway) there are some a little better but a lot more expensive.
Area 11

Endure the pain of discipline or Suffer the pain of regret.
DrPreppers

Post by DrPreppers »

Mant thanks for the replies!
I will look in to the suggestions so far and let you people know what we ended up on getting.
Evasion is an art form, a true artist may follow his pursuers.