What Preps are you doing this week? Part 9

How are you preparing
jennyjj01

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 9

Post by jennyjj01 »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:40 pm What you should do Jenny, is try to move in next door to Chateau Jansman*..... After some of the crap neighbours they've had you'd probably be welcome :lol:

*Or is that a bit too Stalker-y??
Hmmmm. It is a bit stalkery. LOL. I need to track his location first and case the joint.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

This week's preps have started with a very bad-tempered row between us, because I got a double order from Sainsbugs today. He hit the roof about the cost - £80 - but when I asked himw hat he would've done he went huffy and wouldn't answer. I had a wee bit spare this week and just put it into food stocks.. just don't see the point of hanging onto money when food is going up every week.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

diamond lil wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:54 am This week's preps have started with a very bad-tempered row between us, because I got a double order from Sainsbugs today. He hit the roof about the cost - £80 - but when I asked himw hat he would've done he went huffy and wouldn't answer. I had a wee bit spare this week and just put it into food stocks.. just don't see the point of hanging onto money when food is going up every week.
Guess Mr lil will be cooking his own tea tonight :lol:
I'm we've filled the token meter and stick to the limit its a older dumb token meter so bought us some cheaper leccy for a while
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:54 am This week's preps have started with a very bad-tempered row between us, because I got a double order from Sainsbugs today. He hit the roof about the cost - £80 - but when I asked himw hat he would've done he went huffy and wouldn't answer. I had a wee bit spare this week and just put it into food stocks.. just don't see the point of hanging onto money when food is going up every week.
It’s better than money in the bank. Inflation is eating away your money’s buying - power by the week.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

No use having spare money if all there is in the shops is turnip :mrgreen:
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

diamond lil wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:49 pm No use having spare money if all there is in the shops is turnip :mrgreen:
I've been doing the same. OH doesn't complain about that - except that I don't have a car so he has to take me shopping. Haven't told him that I'm planning another trip in the next couple of days. Unfortunately this usually means I get to supermarkets in the evenings by which time the shelves are less stocked. Also planning a tool station trip to get spade, fork and log splitting axe, don't actually need them just now but if mine broke they might be more difficult to replace and certainly more expensive and I have enough money to spare t the moment so seems like a good idea .Bought some wool a little while ago and it's going up in price so glad I did, that's next winters evenings sorted. I intend to keep some cash for fresh produce/emergencies but spend any above that I have as you say what use money if there's nothing to buy.
Jerseyspud

Post by Jerseyspud »

Eldest prepped more than me this week end. She's a qualified first aider now
when it comes to catastrophic events, we never know when the day before is the day before. So we prepare for tomorrow

Prepping on a small island
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I've been doing lots of bits that are starting to add up properly.
1. Got some nets up in the living room. A lot of people pass by my house, they give me privacy.
2. I've started walking again, an hour at a time. At the moment, I'm still learning a new housing estate, built on the road between me and my sister. They've included public footpaths that are hundreds of years old, probably around field boundaries or between farms, it does make it a bit interesting.
3. I'm managing to thin the stupid summer snowdrops. One clump completely gone now. The best area in the garden is increasingly available for plants I *want* because of this.
4. Native primrose perennials acquired, for pollinators.
5. Rearranging the back of the house, frankly I'm still thinking about another Chernobyl-type "accident", what with the Russians lobbing artillery shells here and there, and keeping Ukrainian shift workers there for a week at a time. I'm still amalgamating storage ... it turns out I have a *lot* of black olives :roll: :lol:
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Just seen some community spirit in action :shock: :shock:

Was in the yard clearing the accumulated junk in the shed :roll: started smelling smoke (acrid plastic) 11yo telling me there is a lot of smoke.. look over the allotments and council rec yep lots of thick black accrid smoke between two houses .. by the time id wandered to the rec there was about 3 people / kids on to 999... And a large gaggle by the houses back fence

Walked across to the estate there were three house holds running out garden hoses the time id got close they had the bin fire out (BBQ charcoal still glowing Into wheelie bin by the time the fire engine arrived there was nothing for them to do )
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:55 pm Just seen some community spirit in action :shock: :shock:

Was in the yard clearing the accumulated junk in the shed :roll: started smelling smoke (acrid plastic) 11yo telling me there is a lot of smoke.. look over the allotments and council rec yep lots of thick black accrid smoke between two houses .. by the time id wandered to the rec there was about 3 people / kids on to 999... And a large gaggle by the houses back fence

Walked across to the estate there were three house holds running out garden hoses the time id got close they had the bin fire out (BBQ charcoal still glowing Into wheelie bin by the time the fire engine arrived there was nothing for them to do )
Lovely to hear that Andy. However, do you wonder at the intelligence of someone dopey enough to chuck burning coals into a plastic bin?
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.