What Preps are you doing this week? Part 9

How are you preparing
GeeGee

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 9

Post by GeeGee »

Got a few more battery operated lanterns ..home bargains had some on at a decent price and they throw plenty of light some more batteries and some coal then went on the hunt for a manual alarm clock ..if the power is off therell be plenty of people sleeping in 😂
Trying to find one that wasn't Bluetooth or operated rhe washing machine or whatever was fun !
jansman

Post by jansman »

GeeGee wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:00 pm Got a few more battery operated lanterns ..home bargains had some on at a decent price and they throw plenty of light some more batteries and some coal then went on the hunt for a manual alarm clock ..if the power is off therell be plenty of people sleeping in 😂
Trying to find one that wasn't Bluetooth or operated rhe washing machine or whatever was fun !
A manual alarm clock! I am a simple, technologically- retarded kinda chap, but I use my phone these days. I am going to find a wind- up alarm clock. Thank you.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
mbbaltic

Post by mbbaltic »

I've got battery operated alarm clocks but I haven't seen a wind up one for decades. I suppose you might be able to get a travel alarm in a chazzer but it would have to be pretty old
jansman

Post by jansman »

You can get em on eBay for 16 to20 quid.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

jansman wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:05 pm
GeeGee wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:00 pm went on the hunt for a manual alarm clock ..
A manual alarm clock! I am a simple, technologically- retarded kinda chap, I am going to find a wind- up alarm clock. Thank you.
I've got one myself but it doesn't tend to get used. Something to do with also having a wife who "can't sleep with the noise of the ticking" . When working away and lodging with others I've ran into the same opposition . I find the ticking quite soothing but it amazes me that some tend to find it irritating.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

grenfell wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:20 am
jansman wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:05 pm
GeeGee wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:00 pm went on the hunt for a manual alarm clock ..
A manual alarm clock! I am a simple, technologically- retarded kinda chap, I am going to find a wind- up alarm clock. Thank you.
I've got one myself but it doesn't tend to get used. Something to do with also having a wife who "can't sleep with the noise of the ticking" . When working away and lodging with others I've ran into the same opposition . I find the ticking quite soothing but it amazes me that some tend to find it irritating.
You've got one of those have you too :lol: Mrs A hates my Timex wrist watch
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

I don't have a manual alarm clock, but I do have a radio/torch that can be wound up. Cost about £30. The wind handle's a bit long so it's not very ergonomic to wind a lot. Not sure how much you can actually charge it by winding. It also has a solar panel. In theory it also works as a power bank.
This is the one I got. https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B087JC3DBP/
GillyBee

Post by GillyBee »

It's Mr Gillybee that can't stand ticking round here. (Unless it is his own watch/clock....)
I have an elderly ikea battery alarm clock that will happily last a year on one set of AA batteries. Having said that I can't remember the last time I set an alarm to wake up. Working from home has made that easier and it is very rare indeed that I wake up too late to be able to potter around before work.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Today's little haul
Screenshot_20220602-124934.png
Also dealt with this before it becomes a problem
Screenshot_20220602-124945.png
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:50 am Today's little haul

Screenshot_20220602-124934.png

Also dealt with this before it becomes a problem

Screenshot_20220602-124945.png
Another lamp???? You're going to need a bigger shed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: B&M?

What's that in the second pic? Tiny weeny wasps nest. The screw and bolt look massive, so I'm guessing a bit of an illusion.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong