Hi from East Sussex

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
JWR

Hi from East Sussex

Post by JWR »

Hello,

I don't know if I would call myself a "prepper", but I have always tried to store excess food and water, and bought bulk and "just in case" supplies. In the last few years I have seen some of my friends and families attitude towards some of the things I do shift from thinking I'm a bit of a mad hoarder, to me appearing quite sensible! :lol:

With the state of the world in general, and recently having had a baby, I am thinking a lot more about all aspects of preparedness and how to fit them around my life.
Getting my wife on board with all this hasn't been too challenging, but I wouldn't say she completely understands it just yet!
Hope to learn a lot from the forum.

J
pseudonym

Re: Hi from East Sussex

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Hi, welcome.
I get my toilet roll in boxes of 48 for eco reasons, eg no plastic. Was quite glad when Covid hit and the shelves were bare in supermarkets. I'd already started prepping though. Had some masks and gloves already in, and a bit of food. Of course my preps have increased/improved over the last couple of years.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the baby :) that's lovely. I'm sure your wife will want to provide for the baby and she'll become even more on board :)

I'm in Sussex too, there aren't huge numbers round here, but always good to have even a trickle. There's loads to learn from the forum, whatever you need to pay attention to.
GillyBee

Post by GillyBee »

Welcome & have a look around. Ask questions. We are pretty friendly here.
We started when our kids were tiny prepping for the Y2K bug - although it wasn't called prepping back then. A year or so later and the fuel crisis hit. We used our preps, dodged the panic and have been prepping ever since.
An ounce of forethought takes away an awful lot of stress when someting unexpected happens but it sounds as if you are already thinking that way so should fit right in.
bobble

Post by bobble »

Welcome from Merseyside!😃
korolev

Post by korolev »

Welcome aboard !
I'm in Eastbourne.
space.gamer

Post by space.gamer »

Welcome from Kent.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

JWR wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:00 pm Hello,

I don't know if I would call myself a "prepper", but I have always tried to store excess food and water, and bought bulk and "just in case" supplies.
You're a prepper :)
A well stocked pantry is the first symptom.

Welome from Cheshire.

Now.... Need to get your partner to buy in, so maybe start referring to 'good housekeeping' and inflation. Do you both realise that grocery price inflation is running at way over 25%? Those beans and bogrolls you bought 6 months ago are >15% dearer today. So stocking up back then was a no brainer. Stocking up now seems a good idea too.

Just be a bit wary to NOT reveal to extended family, friends and neighbours that you have 'plenty' We call it OpSec. or as I say, "A friend in need is a PITA". Those family and friends that deride you for being a loony survivalist, now, will be the first to remember that you have food to spare when they are hungry.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong