Long time survivalist/prepper, new to this forum- hello from Oxfordshire

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
jansman

Re: Long time survivalist/prepper, new to this forum- hello from Oxfordshire

Post by jansman »

steptoe wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:33 pm
jansman wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:56 am
steptoe wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:27 am ok no onw can prep for th end of days it is impossible to live and exteniction event , preppers are people that want to be prepared for events like food shortage medical shortage or what has just happend covid , i sat on my loo wiping my bum with loo roll and had over 350 in stock hmmm go figure .

If the end of days comes i will not be found sat home protecting my food i will drive the wife and i to a beauty spot a beach or something and open a bottle of southern comfort and sit and drink a toast to human kind for destroying the plant .

but until then i will just keep on preparing for events that i can survive
Wisdom comes with age Steptoe.Like me,you are in the Wisdom Club.
LOL well the wife would say i am not with money but then again lol , in truth your right but as a teen i was a well lets just say not a nice person but as i age i have learnt listen to advice can help you , i am a 8uuger for wanting to learn and keep my brain busy since my accident i try very hard , and like you i know you are fighting a terrible battle mate and while i was fighting mine i think it taught me if you go through life kicking and screaming you get nothing , but again i think my illness also taught me a lot, a smile and a kind word can do so much good .
I will say prepping came about from being a boy scout and from my illness really as my wife use to go to work after i was told i could never work again i felt useless to her so i found something i could do cook a meal clean the house and then it was have things in place for bad events ie a basic hospital bag sat in the bedroom for when i was dragged off and we then when the wife got sick sorted her a bag ready to go , then i started saying hmmm we need to have extra food in to save us going out so much in winter and then hence the stock grew , when we moved here and we knew it was our home that we could do as we please it has grown , when we lived in a council flat it was harder but now well i just say it is our little castle .

To all new preppers reading posts here there is a huge font of knowledge to use here , and i will say as i always do never spend beyond what you can afford
👍
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
jansman

Post by jansman »

XRS001 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:24 am
steptoe wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:27 am ok no onw can prep for th end of days it is impossible to live and exteniction event , preppers are people that want to be prepared for events like food shortage medical shortage or what has just happend covid , i sat on my loo wiping my bum with loo roll and had over 350 in stock hmmm go figure .

If the end of days comes i will not be found sat home protecting my food i will drive the wife and i to a beauty spot a beach or something and open a bottle of southern comfort and sit and drink a toast to human kind for destroying the plant .

Wisdom sometimes comes with age, sometimes with experience, sometimes both

I haven't yet found a prepper with all 3..
I see lot of opinions
Ha ha.You are dealing with 2 who have 3! :lol: You see opinions and you have them too.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
XRS001

Post by XRS001 »

jansman wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:19 pm

I see lot of opinions
Ha ha.You are dealing with 2 who have 3! :lol: You see opinions and you have them too.
Of course
XRS001

Post by XRS001 »

I see people have been watching Funkyprepper & like his content.

I would be wary of this individual..

1 his skills are very limited, but his estimation of them is way greater. This is a man who thinks he can survive in the woods indefinitely with just a bashan, MREs & knife.
2 His views are very much in line with far right groups - especially his support of harassing asylum seekers in hotels. He is spreading Q-Anon type conspiracy theories in his "News bulletins"
3 Some of his videos seem to allude to an SAS delusions.
4 He is an open climate change denier - considering that climate change is the single biggest global threat to human life. Climate denial is not having your finger on the existential risk pulse.

I don't deny that climate change is inconvenient.

https://imgur.com/gallery/xosdZxq
Last edited by XRS001 on Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XRS001

Post by XRS001 »

XRS001 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:16 pm I see people have been watching Funkyprepper & like his content.

I would be wary of this individual..

1 his skills are very limited, but his estimation of them is way greater. This is a man who thinks he can survive in the woods indefinitely with just a bashan, knife & MREs
2 His views are very much in line with far right groups - especially his support of harassing asylum seekers in hotels. He is spreading Q-Anon type conspiracy theories in his "News bulletins"
3 Some of his videos seem to allude to an SAS delusions.
4 He is an open climate change denier - considering that climate change is the single biggest global threat to human life. Climate denial is not having your finger on the existential risk pulse.

I don't deny that climate change is inconvenient.

https://imgur.com/gallery/xosdZxq
XRS001

Post by XRS001 »

Just for a moment ignore the annoying tactics of just stop oil. Let's look at the science that informs them.

420ppm C02 in our atmosphere has not played out it's full warming potential as yet

https://youtu.be/qTdJRy1uqsc

IPCC scientist Peter Carter says we are heading for beyond 1.5°C which will be catastrophic.

https://youtu.be/sE0J6T5FArQ

I am more likely to believe the scientists who all agree as opposed to the opinions of a youtuber..
Last edited by XRS001 on Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

I see lot of opinions
My god, you are full of yourself. You've only been here for a minute, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt (against my better judgement) but what I'm going to say is that you need to develop a little more in the way of humility and acceptance of others' less extreme prepping ways and means. If Steptoe wants to share his living space with 350 toilet rolls, that's entirely up to him - his house, his money, his space, his toilet rolls. And let me assure you that NOBODY here wants to wipe their arse on a sodding piece of foliage that they've grown in the garden. Stop pushing your belief systems on other members. This isn't Wild Men of the Wood Are Us. This is a friendly, helpful community of moderate preppers who are generally looking for ways to weather things like economic turbulence, job loss, adverse weather and so on. We're not running through the forest brandishing a spear and a flint, and living in a hut made from twigs and deer sh*t.
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

itsybitsy wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:19 pm

I see lot of opinions
My god, you are full of yourself. You've only been here for a minute, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt (against my better judgement) but what I'm going to say is that you need to develop a little more in the way of humility and acceptance of others' less extreme prepping ways and means. If Steptoe wants to share his living space with 350 toilet rolls, that's entirely up to him - his house, his money, his space, his toilet rolls. And let me assure you that NOBODY here wants to wipe their arse on a sodding piece of foliage that they've grown in the garden. Stop pushing your belief systems on other members. This isn't Wild Men of the Wood Are Us. This is a friendly, helpful community of moderate preppers who are generally looking for ways to weather things like economic turbulence, job loss, adverse weather and so on. We're not running through the forest brandishing a spear and a flint, and living in a hut made from twigs and deer sh*t.
LOL itsybitsy don't laugh the wife just got another 150 delivered this week , i asked her if she is thinking of getting a stall out side the football ground lol , i remember the days of throwing a loo roll on the pitch lol i bet all those who did that back in the day when the shortages hit during covid were rueing the day they did lol .

We like to make sure we have loads of stuff in not just from a prepping point it is from a health pint as we both have issues but mine started first and well to save the wife having to run round all the time after work i use to like to have loads of stuff in , when we lived in a 1 bed flat it was harder but when we got here well madam just said right i am going to make this a forever home , lol we do look now and then are remote rural living but we both know these days it would be a struggle for us as i need the hospital a fair twice in 3 days lol so again being just 3 mins from a hospital means we can get in quick .

As you say each to their own i know people with huge amounts of stuff more than us that i think hmmm do you need it but then as i say when the shortage hit lol we did pass loo rolls to neighbours , i could not think of people not being able to wipe lol , the same when we had the water switched off here we took 4x2lt packs the the families with young kids and elderly nothing worse than a kid not having a drink and or elderly not being able to have a brew .
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Okay, we're getting into extreme territory now! Are you using them as furniture? :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a more serious note - you have no need to justify yourself on this forum and I, and the other mods, are keeping a very close eye on things.
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

itsybitsy wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:36 pm Okay, we're getting into extreme territory now! Are you using them as furniture? :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a more serious note - you have no need to justify yourself on this forum and I, and the other mods, are keeping a very close eye on things.
LOL no i think the wife is going to try and sell them in a SHTF world lol she said i think these will be worth more than gold lol , i know the mods have a hard job but i tend to take most things on the chin lifes to short to take offence but again we all have our little ways , the wife and i have the well if i have extra in i can always help out , lol if i got out the medical first aid box lol even have a full surgical kit something i could never use but again if the world went to hell in a hand cart we may know someone that can use it .

I always say we stock most things first for us are medication , then it would be food and water and so on down the list of things others would have a different list that is what makes preparing such a fun thing i always listen to others views on it because well coming here made me realise we were not up to scratch on lighting we had some but since chatting with andy i got hooked on solar and power banks and we now have a good stock and made the house much safer for the wife and i should the power go out we can move round and the sensor lights will come on to keep us safe from falls , again love the site and as i say we all have views , but like you i can never see myself wiping my backside on leaves lol as a kid when stuck in the woods and a 2 hours walk home yup but these days well my body likes luxury lol , i still can't see a bidet bday thing going in our house yet lol the wife laughed and said she can hear me in there in the winter pushign the cold by mistake and screaming out lol .

I am always open to others views and well like i say this place can teach us all so much