What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

How are you preparing
Yorkshire Andy

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Yes and yes. I don't take the Micky and use a incinerator bin ..

Glyphosphate doesn't do much to brambles I tried last summer when they became rampant (from next door)

I've got some sbk once the stumps start sprouting I'm off for the nuclear option (sbk) and a paint brush

Only thing I've got started are chillies next up is peppers no real rush bet we are going to get a good few more weeks of cold yet
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

When I bought next doors garden it was covered in Brambles. Poison first. Waste of time. Only real cure was digging them out. Sorry to say that. :(
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:26 pm When I bought next doors garden it was covered in Brambles. Poison first. Waste of time. Only real cure was digging them out. Sorry to say that. :(
They the roots are on next doors plot side of the fence between the 2"sq wire mesh fence and a old pigeon loft with about 1 1/2 foot gap between no way I can get my backside down the gap let alone work a spade.. to be fair they crop well but they start encroaching so this year they've been savaged .. old gent is a nice chap so not going to cause him any agro some would go running off to the council..

(I had someone moaning last summer at me about them hanging over the path threats of the council.. let her rant for a bit then invited her into my plot.. see this fence... this is my side.. this side belongs to someone else not seen her on the allotment since )

he's struggling with his mobility so I pulled any out that were off under his roofing sheets whilst I was at it plus any over hanging the path .. he might get me a pint tomorrow :lol:

Hopefully any new growth crops this year little man enjoys scrumping he can get his hands through the mesh to the good ones :lol:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

That’s a nice move with an elderly neighbour.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
preppermike

Post by preppermike »

Turned the veg bed over and planning what else I'm going to grow this year. Already put a seeds in, tomatoes, herbs, flowers etc.

I've also got to sort my log store out, it's starting to fall apart. I don't have a log burner, but I do occasionally like to sit around the firepit with a glass of something strong. Which is why the wife allows me to keep it stocked up. A good supply of fire wood is in my preps for cooking if we run out of our other back ups.
www.codewithmike.com - Tech Reviews, Prepper Gear, Gaming Blog
Whitetailprepper

Post by Whitetailprepper »

Finally got a green house, started planting. Used to plant in raised beds and in the ground but my greyhound has started running in circles around the garden.

Works well for turning soil over though :lol:
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Sorted the drawers in my Prep Room a bit. It's not all prep stuff in them. They are worn and they stick or fall off the wooden rails, a nightmare to open and close. Ordered some sticky labels so at least I only have to grapple with the right one (I never know which is which, especially as I rearranged them when I moved the drawers).
Also reorganised stuff a bit, so now I have
1. Prep stuff like soap, toothpaste supplies plus one or two basic tools
2. Towels, things I might wear in the spring, eg cotton joggers, spare pyjama bottoms (I just wear a t-shirt top)
3. Summer gear
4. Winter gear (this is almost empty as it's all hung up ready for use, because it's still winter!)
5. Toileteries, shavers etc
6. Crap, mostly clothes I never wear I should sell, donate or chuck.

And I just rang a furniture restorer to get a quote.
preppermike

Post by preppermike »

Frnc wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:29 pm Sorted the drawers in my Prep Room a bit. It's not all prep stuff in them. They are worn and they stick or fall off the wooden rails, a nightmare to open and close. Ordered some sticky labels so at least I only have to grapple with the right one (I never know which is which, especially as I rearranged them when I moved the drawers).
2. Towels, things I might wear in the spring, eg cotton joggers, spare pyjama bottoms (I just wear a t-shirt top)
3. Summer gear
4. Winter gear (this is almost empty as it's all hung up ready for use, because it's still winter!)

Good idea using drawers, I have a makeshift shelving set up in my home office. I need to do a sort of stock take to understand where everything is it. It's very much hidden in plain sight.

I've this very second just got done fixing my leaky water butt :lol:. I think the hard frosts we've had caused a small crack to appear, resolved the problem with some gorilla sealant tape, it's great stuff!
Last edited by preppermike on Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.codewithmike.com - Tech Reviews, Prepper Gear, Gaming Blog
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

preppermike wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:37 pm
Frnc wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:29 pm Sorted the drawers in my Prep Room a bit. It's not all prep stuff in them. They are worn and they stick or fall off the wooden rails, a nightmare to open and close. Ordered some sticky labels so at least I only have to grapple with the right one (I never know which is which, especially as I rearranged them when I moved the drawers).
3. Summer gear

Good idea using drawers, I have a makeshift shelving set up in my home office. I need to do a sort of stock take to understand where everything is it. It's very much hidden in plain sight.

I've this very second just got done fixing my leaky water butt :lol:. I think the hard frosts we've had caused a small crack to appear, resolved the problem with some gorilla sealant tape, it's great stuff!
What's that you say? Your butt has a small crack?
Not tried Gorilla, I have Duck and 3M, both very good.
I have two shelving units as well. I use plastic bins on one. I sorted those yesterday actually, emptied both on my bed and put all the cooking gear in one and fishing gear plus other bits in the other. Another has bike parts. They have lids so I keep stuff on top as well.
Kiwififer

Post by Kiwififer »

Painted the under stair cupboard in preparation for shelves which will store dried goods, torches and other assorted items.

I did also book a holiday as I would quite like to go to Corfu before Vlad nukes us all but that’s not really prepping.
Attachments
AB9835F9-610F-44F1-8F4B-B7C84AD5BF11.jpeg