What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

How are you preparing
GeeGee

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

Post by GeeGee »

Frnc wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:48 am Went to see a Podiatrist. I have Reynauds, a micro-circulation issue that's heredetary. My main circulation is fine. Explains my cold fingers. There's no cure but it's no big deal. 1 in 10 people have it. He did agree with the third suggestion from my doctors which was that it was chilblains, caused by the Reynauds. He said to keep my feet warm. He was a bit surprised that the docs took three guesses, antibitotics and anti-fungal cream having not worked, to get even close.
I have raynauds phenomenon..years of going to clinic did nothing cortisone injections etc
Exercise helped me a lot
I love to swim anyhow but abs circuits weights and generally the gym to get circulation going ..its helped me anyhow
All prepping to keep healthy ... probably kill me off with heart attack the amount I do :)
Even if you cant get out for a hour or so to do it keep the movement going at home ...
Its hard to prep for your wellbeing when you're stuck with something you cant get rid of but worth trying
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

jansman wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:13 pm Pleased to say that I had early radiotherapy this morning, and also no rain! The goodness of no rain meant that I was able to get up on the roof and finally finish pointing the chimney I started a fortnight ago. Now I am cream - crackered :lol: So now I am crashed in front of the fire ,with dog on my lap,watching 1970’s comedies. Right now,Bless This House. How apt! :lol:
I bet you were up there playing Bob the builder while the Missus was out, ya little tinker. :lol:
Stay safe.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

GeeGee wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:33 pm
Frnc wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:48 am Went to see a Podiatrist. I have Reynauds, a micro-circulation issue that's heredetary. My main circulation is fine. Explains my cold fingers. There's no cure but it's no big deal. 1 in 10 people have it. He did agree with the third suggestion from my doctors which was that it was chilblains, caused by the Reynauds. He said to keep my feet warm. He was a bit surprised that the docs took three guesses, antibitotics and anti-fungal cream having not worked, to get even close.
I have raynauds phenomenon..years of going to clinic did nothing cortisone injections etc
Exercise helped me a lot
I love to swim anyhow but abs circuits weights and generally the gym to get circulation going ..its helped me anyhow
All prepping to keep healthy ... probably kill me off with heart attack the amount I do :)
Even if you cant get out for a hour or so to do it keep the movement going at home ...
Its hard to prep for your wellbeing when you're stuck with something you cant get rid of but worth trying
Cheers for the tips. Walked to the docs today. Will try to get out on the bike more. I did a long ride on Sunday. Also, now I have the prep room, I have my exercise bike which is plugged in, set up and ready for use (in my room it was covered in clothes and there was no space). So I can use that a lot more, and have been.
jansman

Post by jansman »

jennyjj01 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:36 pm
jansman wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:13 pm Pleased to say that I had early radiotherapy this morning, and also no rain! The goodness of no rain meant that I was able to get up on the roof and finally finish pointing the chimney I started a fortnight ago. Now I am cream - crackered :lol: So now I am crashed in front of the fire ,with dog on my lap,watching 1970’s comedies. Right now,Bless This House. How apt! :lol:
I bet you were up there playing Bob the builder while the Missus was out, ya little tinker. :lol:
Stay safe.
Don’t worry- safety IS first! :D
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Damp meter arrived. Read green everywhere else, red in the area that looks darker. Suspicion confirmed. Please come and fix it properly this time!

The meter has two scales for wood, one for plaster and one for concrete and a reference scale. Plaster scale is 0-15%. Green is <1%, amber 1-3%, red > 3%.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Complaining to be fair to the supplier I rung they are shipping a new one out first thing Monday.....

Bet you can guess the courier :evil:

Totally mangled the head assembly it now discharges even with the pin fitted :roll:
Screenshot_20230318-143400.png

Screenshot_20230318-142452.png

Oh yes and trying to get it out the box it let itself go again .. my dead letter box keeper (mum) was not impressed

Screenshot_20230318-143134.png
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

This week, started to ramp up the food growing.
Sowed tomato seeds indoors: sowed onion set and Transplanted onion seedlings out to a bed in the back garden.
Got rebuked by member steptoe, so I'm sowing leeks tonight :)

And today on the allotment, I went bat5hit crazy on the weeding and ground preparation. I just got back from a FIVE HOUR raking and weeding session. Cleared and prepared an area of 10 sq Metres, which I consider good pace, considering on the other plot, I could not clear a sq metre per hour because of the couch grass.
Swapping plots was a master-stroke and saved me many back-breaking hours.

And don't I know it!.
I'm ... what's the word..... Cream crackered! Off for a soak and a half bottle of Merlot to celebrate having now prepared >20% of my ground.
Meanwhile, MrJJ has made up the back of my composter pallet box and moved some 5h1t around to make space for it. I'm please that he's re-used old pallet nails, but dismayed that he's used them all. :)
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

preppermike

Post by preppermike »

I too have gone crazy on the veg growing.

I'm fighting the good fight in terms of preventing them from going leggy.

My plan is to give tomato plants to family, as I did last year.

I had enough lettuce to sink a ship and was pretty bored of it by the end of the summer haha.

Also rotated some tinned tomatoes, topped up the cooking oil stash (5l) and checked on my first aid supplies.
www.codewithmike.com - Tech Reviews, Prepper Gear, Gaming Blog
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

preppermike wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:35 am I too have gone crazy on the veg growing.

I'm fighting the good fight in terms of preventing them from going leggy.

My plan is to give tomato plants to family, as I did last year.

I had enough lettuce to sink a ship and was pretty bored of it by the end of the summer haha.

Also rotated some tinned tomatoes, topped up the cooking oil stash (5l) and checked on my first aid supplies.
It's a toughie holding back on sowing, isn't it? We need to each hold each-other back as we stand twitching on the starting line. We have Jansman, British Red and a few others trying to hold us back, but then we blink and miss the sowing window of opportunity as I did with my leeks. It's going to be busy next month!
I suspect that once toms get leggy, they are weakened for life. And I find the longer I have them in propagators, the more chances I get to drown or parch them.
I can't remember the last time I bought a lettuce, or a courgette or Beetroot. We have to be realistic in what we sow. I could have swapped you for your lettuce and we could have both had a better mixed diet for our composter :)
I've had the remarkable suggestion to try for a crop of a certain ornamental weed. The propagation process is much like tomatoes :lol: :lol: . Give them to your family, but not the coppers. LOL. C'mon I'm only joking.

Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Leak is coming from chimney. Either I can remove it completely or rebuild it. Latter is dearer obviously. So looks like I won't ever be getting a wood stove now. I do still have the other chimney at the front.