What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

How are you preparing
GeeGee

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

Post by GeeGee »

You know the preppers mind so well
I have to lift this suitcase tomorrow :)
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Been a bit slow on the prepping of late. Busy doing overtime at work grab it whilst you can.....

All being well I'll be an uncle in a couple of hours sisters on her way down for a C-section eviction any time now..
:mrgreen:

Finally made the post office to get the damaged in transit fire extinguisher shipped back for a refund. Went from a phone call we've seen your picture's we will send a replacement ...

To no replacement, refund only we have it back. But I could order and pay for another and they'd ship it out straight away :roll: ..... Then a day waiting for a shipping docket to appear in my email ... Well it's gone back with the box duck taped back together full of polystyrene chips ..

I'll use a different supplier who might package it better
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Got the prep room drawers back from being repaired, stripped and sanded. He put new hardwood runners in, and had to use different widths, as the sides had bowed, as well as split apart. I waxed them. All drawers are now smooth, bar one that sticks a bit, but nothing like as bad as before. I won't over-fill them. Put stuff back in, a bit better organised. I combined two drawers into one and split one into two, so they are more even. Most of the stuff in them isn't actually prep stuff, but some is.

I also thought I would organise the shelves in that room better, with one for first aid/medical, one for toiletries, one for food, one for bike stuff, one for other stuff. They'd got a bit disorganised, especially with having to empty the drawers. No-brainer really.
preppermike

Post by preppermike »

Food preps this week.

Purchased a 10kg bag of basmati rice, previous one has a 1/3 left in the bad. I also picked up another 3kg bag of pasta and stocked up on Yorkshire tea.

I'm thinking that if milk does become scarce I'd make do with black tea. I do have a couple of cartons of UHT that should tide me over for a couple of weeks, I'm not too keen on milk powder. Perhaps I should give it a try?
www.codewithmike.com - Tech Reviews, Prepper Gear, Gaming Blog
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

preppermike wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:15 am Food preps this week.

Purchased a 10kg bag of basmati rice, previous one has a 1/3 left in the bad. I also picked up another 3kg bag of pasta and stocked up on Yorkshire tea.

I'm thinking that if milk does become scarce I'd make do with black tea. I do have a couple of cartons of UHT that should tide me over for a couple of weeks, I'm not too keen on milk powder. Perhaps I should give it a try?

Yorkshire tea leaves a bit of a funny aftertaste in my mouth when black almost aniseed flavour.. switched to typhoo one cup bags much more palatable (tastes grim with milk though... Added bonus is 400 bags is under a fiver in home bargains Vs £10.99 for Yorkshire tea

pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Nido powdered milk. Costs more but tastes better.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

pseudonym wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:40 pm

Nido powdered milk. Costs more but tastes better.
Nido is full fat so better for prepping.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Nido is lovely.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Kicked off a 40 pint home brew lager kit this afternoon got a few at the start of the lockdown drama when there was the initial talk of closing the pubs :shock: kit passes it's bbe next month usually more on the yeast denaturing front but the keg is empty , the days are getting warmer so it should ferment ok in the shed now .. £12 +£3 for the brewery sugar will save a few quid :lol:

Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Watered the spiky defence bushes. Put labels on prep room drawers. Spoils the look a bit but saves hassle. Talked to the new next door neighbour. They are nice. Typing standing up trying to strengthen my back. Listening to house. One tip I heard recently for lower back pain when standing is to bend your knees slightly. It does seem to help. I'm trying to combat over-curvature I think. But I decided deffo gonna take my chair to Download, which I bought there actually. I also have a spiky massage ball which I put against the wall and lean on it and sort of move about so it massages the back muscles. You can do your glutes like that as well.