What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

How are you preparing
Frnc

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

Post by Frnc »

Just trying to get my lower back fitter.

Went for an hour's walk, quite fast (for me), using correct technique as per https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9jt4d_828g

Did some lower back exercises. Plank, Bridge, Lower Abdominal Leg Lower.

Was very chilled out, music on, down the canal.

Had to chuck a bag of pasta, but rescued some long life fresh tortelloni that was about to expire and had it for 3 lunches.
Last edited by Frnc on Sat May 20, 2023 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

jansman wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 3:36 pmNot just me that looks for light hearted TV then? :D I too started clearing clutter when I became poorly. One thing I did was to clear my bookshelves of grim and tragic novels,and survival books! :lol: :lol:
Nope, not just you with the light-hearted TV :lol: I confess, I still like to *read* apocafic, but also stuff like the Outlander novels - fairly light hearted in their own way, but also apocalyptic (Culloden, slavery, American independence) - its all entwined with a love story, and an amazing amount of herbal and emergency medicine, so it's gripping in all sorts of ways.

But now: Vera, the detective in NE England on ITV3 :lol:
Kiwififer

Post by Kiwififer »

Not so much a prep but I’ve been to two different Boots chemists today and I can’t get any cocodamol.

5 hours in the garden yesterday and a round of golf today, my back and legs are throbbing like mad.

Anyhoo, anyone else noticing a shortage or is it just Edinburgh?
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Well a busy weekend

Managed to savage the back hedge which had got a bit out of hand took about 3ft off the top and hacked it back about 2ft. Don't worry about birds nests as the 4 legged assassin would have left any residents corpses on our doorstep ....

Got some more plants in on the allotment..

Did a bit of shopping added an energiser pir lamp to the stocks reduced to £7 with batteries 4x energiser would be pushing £5 in most shops so we'll the lamp cost £3 ;)

Swmbo was moaning about my solar panels at the end of the garden .. I'd mounted them about 45° on some home made brackets on the end fence facing SE ... Well I slung them on the shed roof and I'm glad I did.... Even though slightly north facing the charging current went through the roof I've had the panels in series for over a month by dinner it'd taken the 5a fuse I'd put in whilst testing which has been in over a month no issus well :mrgreen:
Screenshot_20230521-215316.png

So they promptly got screwed in place and a 10a fuse stick in for now (the cable can take 50a so plenty of safety margin

I've got 200w of panels but the mppt seems to regulate what's coming into the controller depending on battery state...

Still it let me cut the grass charge up the hedge trimmer batteries etc off the Inverter
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Just doing my Time Machine backups. I don't keep my external drives plugged in, so I only do them every now and then. I don't have much of importance that changes that's not in the cloud.

I take one drive on bike rides in case my house burns down or gets burgled. I'm going to start taking it on walks. I also take it if I go away and stay overnight somewhere.
Kiwififer

Post by Kiwififer »

Kiwififer wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:07 pm Not so much a prep but I’ve been to two different Boots chemists today and I can’t get any cocodamol.

5 hours in the garden yesterday and a round of golf today, my back and legs are throbbing like mad.

Anyhoo, anyone else noticing a shortage or is it just Edinburgh?
That’s the main Boots on Princes Street out as well. It must just be us.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Kiwififer have you tried any of the other chemists? Might just be Boots? I get mine on prescription down here but haven't ordered any lately.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Our pharmacy is very busy. The head honcho there told me that the lockdown in 2020 has caused a back up of people who are rather ill. My personal MacMillan nurse told me the same about *ancer ( that scum disease doesn’t get the full title from me.) . My most important drug - and I take many- is anti seizure. I had a situation early in the beginning were supply was tight. I now put my one month prescription in with 10 days to spare. ;)
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Will the surgery not give you a backup stash JM? I'd last a week without my hydrocortisone, then coma and cardiac arrest. I got a 3 months backup supply when I was diagnosed, most people with Addisons get that. Just in case one day there's a shortage.
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:59 pm Will the surgery not give you a backup stash JM? I'd last a week without my hydrocortisone, then coma and cardiac arrest. I got a 3 months backup supply when I was diagnosed, most people with Addisons get that. Just in case one day there's a shortage.
If it goes wrong,I can get drugs from the *ancer dept.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.