Food Cupboard HeadsUp

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
preppingsu

Re: Food Cupboard HeadsUp

Post by preppingsu »

chris8472 wrote:tesco value stewed steak in gravy new to the value range £1.40 a tin thats 59p cheaper than the chepest alternative worth a try
Let us know what you think of it!
chris8472

Post by chris8472 »

preppingsu wrote:
chris8472 wrote:tesco value stewed steak in gravy new to the value range £1.40 a tin thats 59p cheaper than the chepest alternative worth a try
Let us know what you think of it!
have not tryed the stewed steak yet but did try the tesco value chilli con carni 55p a tin its ok but the oh says if i eat the back leg of a scabby dog id say it tasted ok :lol:
smileyt

Post by smileyt »

I found tinned Brussels Sprouts in B and M Bargains today ...... 49p ....... I bought one to try as I was utterly intrigued, never having seen sprouts in a tin before. I do love brussels sprouts so these would be good to add to the store if they are palatable.

And of course there would be a free source of gas once consumed .... :lol:
Chef

Post by Chef »

smileyt wrote:And of course there would be a free source of gas once consumed .... :lol:
OMG [Chef shudders] Eeewwwwww :shock:
edward.21

Post by edward.21 »

fray bentos tinned pies £0.99 in lidils
tfish

Post by tfish »

I cant excuse even spend £2 on corned beef. Its outragous.

The low quality fat filled food for the poor is now a overpriced luxury made by our old enemy the Argentinians.

The world is upside down!
Squirrel hunter

Post by Squirrel hunter »

Fray Bentos originally was a place in Uraguay, rather than Argentina, a lot of Corned beef comes from Brazil, and was original formed in the UK.

We buy wine from our old enemies the French, Germans, Spanish, we buy cars like VW, BMW and Mercs, Toyota, Mitsibushi etc from our old enemies the Germans and Japanese , we buy computers and other domestic appliances and other electrical goods from our old enemies the Japanese we heat our homes with boilers made by the Germans, I am sure the list could be even bigger, so why should we feel it necessary to make comments such as
tfish wrote:made by our old enemy the Argentinians
jansman

Post by jansman »

tfish wrote:I cant excuse even spend £2 on corned beef. Its outragous.

The low quality fat filled food for the poor is now a overpriced luxury made by our old enemy the Argentinians.

The world is upside down!
The reason corned beef is so expensive is because the South American beef producers are making more money on premium beef at the moment. Basically they are producing corned beef reluctantly and you ate paying.

We stock 6 lb tins at work, and just after xmas we could not get them at ANY cost. When we could it was pricey.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

Corned beef is cheaper in Lidl's.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Indeed it is.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.