M65 Jacket

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Bladerunner

M65 Jacket

Post by Bladerunner »

Has anyone got one of these?
If so, are they worth the price?
I was thinking of getting one and these looked the warmest/comfiest but I am open to suggestions if someone can siuggest something similar but better.
Be lucky (and toasty)
tshw1973

Re: M65 Jacket

Post by tshw1973 »

Which one are you looking at? There are lots of variants, some gore- tex. I have always liked the look of these but never bought one.
omega man

Post by omega man »

Hi tshw1973,

I've always opted for mil/surplus wear for a few reasons.. practical design, great durability, low cost ....

(and a bit of a middle finger to "The Man",nope I wont pay mega bucks for designer names or suck up the adverts and tv pushed high street fashion thats poorly made :lol:)

Having owned various Military Jackets I would suggest the 'Austrian Gore-tex M65', Its real well constructed,OD,100% water proof, very comfortable to wear and also available in not only S/M/L/XL etc but by Chest size plus in different lengths so as to suit all body types.

It's the jacket I'm currently wearing and I have nothing negative to report, beats the German parka hands down, You'll pick up a 'like new condition' for £30-£40..money well spent!

Hope that's a help bud

Looks a bit "glossy" in the picture but really is a normal olive drab type appearance,full padded including fold-away hood
Attachments
AUSTRIAN-GORETEX-JACKET.jpg
AUSTRIAN-GORETEX-JACKET.jpg (10.17 KiB) Viewed 7405 times
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

http://www.surplusandadventure.com/shop ... 24897.html

The link never came through in the original post.
Hope this works.
Thanks
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

I have the M65 Parka version ( the one with the fish-tails)

I use mine as a "Mother-ship" jacket and as such have two liners inside instead of one. Toasty :mrgreen:

They are a great piece of kit and you can waterproof them.

The main selling point for me was that they will take a spark better than the synthetic makes out there. Great for suitting around the fire.

HTH
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
BRITMILREP

Post by BRITMILREP »

I have this, its really cheap, for the price its awesome. The liner inside is so warm. The only downside is that the zip isn't great quality but it has buttons anyway. With the cold weather I'm wearing this coat all the time, I love it more than my buffalo jacket which was my old coat

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002 ... UTF8&psc=1
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

I bought a German army Alpine parka about 22 years ago, it cost me 20 quid (nearly half a weeks wages at the time).... I've just had to replace the zips (and by some irony they cost me £20 to buy)

Well, thats my winter coat sorted until I retire :D
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
border reiver

Post by border reiver »

Bladerunner wrote:http://www.surplusandadventure.com/shop ... 24897.html

The link never came through in the original post.
Hope this works.
Thanks
a quick warning do not buy any thing off surplus and adventure as you wil get nothing but trouble off them, a very poorly regarded shop online see bushcraft uk for disscusions about them ! P.S NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH SURPLUS AND OUTDOORS WHICH IS ONE OF THE BEST SURPLUS SHOPS OUT THERE, I HAVE USED THEM MANY TIMES AND NEVER HAD ANY PROBS !

cheers andrew.
Technik

Post by Technik »

omega man wrote:Hi tshw1973,

I've always opted for mil/surplus wear for a few reasons.. practical design, great durability, low cost ....

(and a bit of a middle finger to "The Man",nope I wont pay mega bucks for designer names or suck up the adverts and tv pushed high street fashion thats poorly made :lol:)

Having owned various Military Jackets I would suggest the 'Austrian Gore-tex M65', Its real well constructed,OD,100% water proof, very comfortable to wear and also available in not only S/M/L/XL etc but by Chest size plus in different lengths so as to suit all body types.

It's the jacket I'm currently wearing and I have nothing negative to report, beats the German parka hands down, You'll pick up a 'like new condition' for £30-£40..money well spent!

Hope that's a help bud

Looks a bit "glossy" in the picture but really is a normal olive drab type appearance,full padded including fold-away hood
I always wanted one of these - thanks for reminding me omega man. Any idea where to look for it? My local surplus has mostly british gear.
border reiver

Post by border reiver »