What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

How are you preparing
Yorkshire Andy

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

diamond lil wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:37 pm Starting the winter stockpile, mainly to save us from having to trek out in bad weather. In shock at the prices of some things, inc candles :shock:
Candles seem to have come back down here in b&m and home bargains
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Will get husband to take me and have a look, ta Andy!
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Been a bit quiet on the prepping front lately...

New pair of winter rated tyres go on the car tomorrow the fronts are getting a bit low

Picked up a few odds and ends over the past week from tea light holders that swmbo approves of .. another little pir "staircase light" from Lidl , another usb 12/24v cig socket charger ..

Little misses bikes being serviced and fitted her some decent bolted on bike lights so they don't get nicked

Doctored some of the solar lights now the days are shorter to pir only light Vs low level light after dark with the inbuilt switch ..

Cars going to need a good clean this weekend it's filthy my dad was wondering how I got mud on the roof :lol: cars made for the job and unlike most off road cars gets used the under body sheep's wax underseal seems to be kicking the mud off well enough nothing is sticking in the arches

My dad's taken up the idea of refillable lpg bottles for his BBQ and outdoor oven there's a lpg depot at the top of his street so he's happy

Got the grass cut last night and autumn feed applied before it poured down today if that counts :lol: got about 70x strawberry plants to get in on the allotment as soon as I can ... and the allotment to tidy for winter got half under field bean cover crop need to prune the raspberry canes .. also on my to do list is refill the water storage containers

Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:54 pm Been a bit quiet on the prepping front lately...

Got the grass cut last night and autumn feed applied before it poured down today if that counts :lol:
Yep, it does :lol: I'm halfway through the same task, slight diversion this week, because my horrible neighbours are digging out their horrible leylandii (which is great!) and when they're not there it gives me the opportunity to get rid of their horrible ivy that's migrated to my side of the boundary. Woo! But also, blimey, it's really rooted in, just hope none of us pull down the retaining walls while we're at it. Hopefully, I'll be able to plant a bit of something in the foot or so of soil on my side - a prepping plant that's ground cover? Bulbs? It's very sunny, south-facing, so now they're finally paying attention to that area, it'd be nice to do something with it.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

All quiet here, not doing any prepping so that's why I'm not posting :twisted:
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

diamond lil wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:05 am All quiet here, not doing any prepping so that's why I'm not posting :twisted:
You day drinking all day then lil? :twisted:

Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse »

Swapping out my hot weather gear for cold weather in the GHB - except it is very sunny here!
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Trojanhorse wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:03 pm Swapping out my hot weather gear for cold weather in the GHB - except it is very sunny here!
19° and sunny here. 21° forecast for tomorrow. Autumn seems a long way off, this is summer weather. If I go for a bike ride I'll have to dig a short sleeved t-shirt out. I put those away a while ago.

I did my winter evacuation clothes rotation, but most stays where it is all year now, as I have a prep room that acts as a walk in wardrobe.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:16 am
diamond lil wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:05 am All quiet here, not doing any prepping so that's why I'm not posting :twisted:
You day drinking all day then lil? :twisted:
I was trying to be subtle about a way of asking that question :lol: :lol: :lol: I really shouldn't have bothered :mrgreen:
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Cheeky buggers! I'm KNITTING FOR XMAS actually :lol: :mrgreen: :twisted: