What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

How are you preparing
jansman

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

Post by jansman »

GeeGee wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:20 am Jansman ..hope that the apps go easy ..have a bit of a rest and for gods sake don't fall off the ruddy roof ..Mrs J won't be impressed ...and how do you know she doesn't read this thread :) she could be waiting for you with a large cattle prod !
Preps this week are slightly different.. a year ago the then 29 year old daughter had to have a mass of cells removed due to cancer of womb
It all went so badly wrong and she was taken round to the A and E dept where she spent a number of hours on the floor bleeding badly it was chaos in there people all over the place
In the end up I went up and the security wouldn't let me in due to the covid laws
She half crawled to the door and I went and got her regardless of you cant come in
Gave her all my tabs I had for my vonwillebrands ( haemophilia) to stop bleeding ..and got her in the GPS who said hell yes done right thing shed lost a lot of blood and then prescribed mine to me to cover for what I gave her plus a box for her ..
She should have had a check up / smear whatever 6 months ago but works full time has a 11 yr old and gets penalised if she takes time off work ..make the apps after work...but doesn't finish till docs shut..and cant afford to ..so no check
So this week I'm nagging her weather she hates me or not
She will be sick to death of me going on at her and if this snow hits as they say it will around Thursday here she can go to docs its close ..the excuse being late for work is the snow
I'm hoping she makes the app to shut me up as I'm driving her mad
Health is important ..shes afraid ..had grandson early at 29 weeks ..big ordeal there . She went through it then never had another ...then all this ..it was horrific..
Preps this week ..convince daughter number 2 that however inconvenient unpleasant or embarrassing ..get to the docs and get checked out
I suppose it applies to us all doesn't it ....
Getting checked is important GeeGee. The trouble IS jobs. I should have got checked sooner,but work was in the way in a similar way to your daughter. I really hope she gets on ok. I really do. X
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Best wishes from me too, GeeGee, I hope your daughter manages to get the appointment, and I hope daughter 2 will take note of the need.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Emptied my prep room drawers ready for repair, stripping and waxing. Ordered wax.
Took half a drawer's worth to the clothes recycling (not even good enough for Oxfam).
Printed winter bugout gear list, bit late I know. You never know when you might get the urge to just go and live in the woods. It's partly so I know where winter things are stored in the summer and vice-versa. I do have dedicated summer and winter drawers, but there are things that get hung up, or put in the bugout bag, or taken out of it. Eg my insulated jacket is on my bedroom door. In about April it'll go in my bugout bag until about November.
The bike gear is all in the prep room now. It's like a dressing room/gym/storage room. I have no car, so my bike is my vehicle. Also it keeps me fit, ok, fitter.
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

eldest daughter is up from birmingham so a day spending quality daughter and dad time today and at 23 she still knows how to play her old man and fleeced me of £200 today lol
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Forever thankful that I'm in this group, we need to be preppers now more than ever before. Things have changed so much and life is far more precarious than at any time before in our lifetime. Health is a huge worry, rising prices and bills another one, and work/benefits getting tougher. So preps this week include patting yourself on the back for realising early that this forum is the place to be!
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:22 am Forever thankful that I'm in this group, we need to be preppers now more than ever before. Things have changed so much and life is far more precarious than at any time before in our lifetime. Health is a huge worry, rising prices and bills another one, and work/benefits getting tougher. So preps this week include patting yourself on the back for realising early that this forum is the place to be!
How true. Diamond Lil’s post is spot on!

Robert Frost.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

jansman wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:45 am
diamond lil wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:22 am Forever thankful that I'm in this group, we need to be preppers now more than ever before. Things have changed so much and life is far more precarious than at any time before in our lifetime. Health is a huge worry, rising prices and bills another one, and work/benefits getting tougher. So preps this week include patting yourself on the back for realising early that this forum is the place to be!
How true. Diamond Lil’s post is spot on!
It really is. Especially on health - the queues, the facilities closed for lack of staff, the chasing around to find prescribed drugs, and as for energy ... not only how expensive it is, but how energy companies are cutting to the bone, so when there's a problem, it takes weeks to sort. I'll be working on more curtain linings today.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

diamond lil wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:22 am Things have changed so much and life is far more precarious than at any time before in our lifetime.
Correct, and it's almost certain things are going to get worse for most people.
Ara

Post by Ara »

Oh yes, Lil. Until recently I took my health for granted, having been ridiculously healthy all my life until the last few years. Now I aim to keep as healthy as possible within my limitations.
Today's prepping was to put a book and small craft kit in my grab bag. This then reminded me that I also need glasses these days so an old (but still useful) pair went in too. Nothing worse than sitting in the church hall with nothing to do if you have to evacuate your house at short notice.
jansman

Post by jansman »

I managed to get one chimney pointed this week. Job- of-the-week! I’ve got wood to cut,so I’ll complete that,along with moving a radiator. On Wednesdays I have to see my oncologist to check my blood is ok ( and it means I get more chemotherapy tablets). Aside from that ,I was asked if I am taking exercise? I admitted that I don’t do gym or anything like that. She laughed and said that is not expected. Then my wife commented on my climbing the ladders up to the chimney,chainsawing and moving compost from the bins! The doctor laughed,said that’s why I looked so well ,but did tell me off for handling compost ,as infection is real in my current health status. :? In fairness she did admit that she probably wouldn’t stop me. ;) I will leave that job for a while though. :lol:

Robert Frost.

Me.