multitool which one

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
poppypiesdad

multitool which one

Post by poppypiesdad »

The wife having destroyed my multi tool ,was only a cheap Stanley £12 , I mean bent the pliers and snapped the knife blade.

What to replace it with

Leatherman
Gerber
Stick with cheap Stanley
Thoughts ?
What have you got

J
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
metatron

Re: multitool which one

Post by metatron »

poppypiesdad wrote:The wife having destroyed my multi tool ,was only a cheap Stanley £12 , I mean bent the pliers and snapped the knife blade.

What to replace it with

Leatherman
Gerber
Stick with cheap Stanley
Thoughts ?
What have you got

J
Leatherman Wingman is a solid bet for medium use, Gerber Dime for light use. Heavy use, I'd go with Leatherman probably the MUT.

The more you spend the better the build and materials, also the warranty tends to be very good on name brand tools.
Holomon

Post by Holomon »

I've had a Gerber Legend for more years than I can realistically guess at. It's been everywhere and used for all sorts of things, and is still in good shape.
You can replace parts (like the saw blade) really easily, and it's heavy duty enough that you don't have to worry about breaking it...well at least I haven't managed to yet anyway!
"The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

I just love the Gerber, it's so well made, I've had mine for years and it's still like new.
Mortblanc

Post by Mortblanc »

I have 3 of the Gerber 600 series. One in each vehicle and one floating around the house. That model is cheap over here selling for about 15 Pounds your money.

I also have a Gerber Suspension in the console of the daily driver.

I like my Gerbers but I carry a Leatherman Rev on my belt.
omega man

Post by omega man »

Leatherman charge TTi
no substitute in my opinion, had it years now, used frequently without issue, lifetime warranty when registered with LM,
a case of you really do get what you pay for,
OM
iceprep

Post by iceprep »

I've a number of multi tools but I've found this one the best value and most functional, I paid £5 on Amazon a couple of years ago. Obviously it's not for EDC.

https://www.amtechtools.com/ProductDeta ... dref=R2470
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Mortblanc wrote:

In the UK this would be Illegal as we are not permitted to carry a locking or fixed blade knife without good reason.....

http://www.leatherman.co.uk/product/juice_xe6

is what i keep in my car
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
munchh

Post by munchh »

I got the leatherman wave for christmas, it took me a good few months to decide which one to have, it was between this and the wingman, the site is great as you can compare them, tools wise im hoping this is the right one for me.
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:
Mortblanc wrote:

In the UK this would be Illegal as we are not permitted to carry a locking or fixed blade knife without good reason.....

http://www.leatherman.co.uk/product/juice_xe6

is what i keep in my car
Its fairly easy to justify, just about anything in your car. I know even with switching out a bulb or replacing a fuse, a multitool comes in useful. I've got a wave, but after years of use I'd not use them the way I use my MUT, mostly as I can't replace the pliers.

I had someone give me a https://www.amtechtools.com/ProductDeta ... dref=R2470 last year, its terrible, I gave it to a charity shop in a big bag of tat. It has no redeeming qualities.