Foraging

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
Oldarborman

Foraging

Post by Oldarborman »

Well I really had a good day foraging yesterday, collected apples, elderberries, blackberries and a fine brace of pigeons which all cost nothing, I get such a buzz from free food :D
AREA 10
hobo

Re: Foraging

Post by hobo »

I'm not so much one for wandering...but my allotment has exploded with goodies this last week!
Oldarborman

Post by Oldarborman »

I have a little of my garden for veg but we are high up so I am limited to what I can grow, foraging keeps me from sitting on my bum to much now I am retired :D
AREA 10
CrazyDane

Post by CrazyDane »

i envy you brits as you have tons and tons of sea buckthorn, we do have them but in small areas sadly.

they are great as juice, in bread cakes stews jam marmalade and as tea prop. more than i use them for too ;) they are bursting with vitamins so get those too ;)
Not scared just prepared
Mad Scientist

Post by Mad Scientist »

How do you trap your pigeons? We get loads in our garden - I'd love to put a few in my dinner pot!!!!
CrazyDane

Post by CrazyDane »

Mad Scientist wrote:How do you trap your pigeons? We get loads in our garden - I'd love to put a few in my dinner pot!!!!
theres one thing or type i know have worked before from a friend.

he have build a pigeon house type thing, got 1 from someone that sold it cheap and made a "fence" thing to "tunnel" the wild ones in. he got some but how many no clue.
Not scared just prepared
unsure

Post by unsure »

CrazyDane wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote:How do you trap your pigeons? We get loads in our garden - I'd love to put a few in my dinner pot!!!!

he have build a pigeon house type thing, got 1 from someone that sold it cheap and made a "fence" thing to "tunnel" the wild ones in. he got some but how many no clue.

i wouldn`t bother trying to trap them , just get a cheap air rifle and shoot them , you need to be hitting them in the chest from the front just below the neck .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
CrazyDane

Post by CrazyDane »

unsure wrote:
CrazyDane wrote:

i wouldn`t bother trying to trap them , just get a cheap air rifle and shoot them , you need to be hitting them in the chest from the front just below the neck .
same thing, someone asked how to trap them ;) and tried to help
Not scared just prepared
CrazyDane

Post by CrazyDane »

unsure wrote:
CrazyDane wrote:

same thing, someone asked how to trap them ;) and tried to help
Not scared just prepared
Oldarborman

Post by Oldarborman »

I have a couple of decoy birds they work great then just pop the birds as they come in
AREA 10