5 POUND PREPS

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
sherrifsam

5 POUND PREPS

Post by sherrifsam »

Hi all,
I've been prepping for around 6 months, and now decided to start sharing too. What I'm sharing is quite relevant in today's recession riddled society and that is prepping on a budget. I know this topic has been covered before but for a few weeks a least I thought I would keep you all posted with what I have bought.
My limit is 5 pounds per week on mainly food and toiletries, heres this weeks list

Total
Farm foods-75g Nescafe international roast (its nice I've drank it before) 69p or two for a pound. £1

Pound land-3 tins of Baxters soup for a pound (all tomato) I bought 6 £2

Morrisons -five tins of potatoes (value range) 20p each I bought 5 £1
-four tins of pinapple (value range) 25p each I bought 4 £1

That's my £5 limit reached until next week, Ill keep you all posted
nickdutch

Re: 5 POUND PREPS

Post by nickdutch »

Im a fan of the tesco value tinned potato, not because of its taste, its ***t, but because of its price and the fact that you can make sauces to give the rubbish some flavour.
15p a tin!!
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
KrisWard

Post by KrisWard »

The Asda Smart Price Rice is a bargain at 40 pence per kilo. That one bag could potentially last you a month, one meal a day. Together with say 2 hot dog sausages. 8 for 50 pence. Throw in a few vegs and you have a very cheap reasonably balanced meal.

I also like to have lots of peppers, garlic granuals and herbs and spices; that way even if you are on a tight budget you can always make it taste a little better.

Hope it helped

Cheers
ShtfSherlock

Post by ShtfSherlock »

Morrisons have noodles with sachets of flavour powder for 20p under their "M savers " banner, vegetable soup is 56p a can there too. So for £2 you could have food for a 2 days for one person possibly?
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Rice & Beans will give you a whole protein if you can't face hot dogs every day..... As would beans on toast*

Soups are great and very versatile you can use them as sauces, main meals, warm snacks and I've even spread the condensed ones on bread (don't knock it 'til you've tried it )

*Pulses tend to have only a partial protein, Cereals also have a partial protein...But, they're missing different parts so if you eat them together you don't need another source.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
jansman

Post by jansman »

Well done sherrifsam. It is exactly how I started. Before you know it you will be wondering where to put it all! Carry on.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
sherrifsam

Post by sherrifsam »

Thanks for all the feed back so far,

Krisward what does the rice you mention taste like? I incorporate some of my food preps like rice, pasta, oats in my diet so I wouldn't like to stock up on it if it was foul,

Ill be off shopping over the next couple of days, so ill take head of the advice and let you all know what I get.

Oh and any one who's Asdas have an "ethnic foods isle" normally have an offer for kidney beans, tinned tomatoes, and chick peas 4 tins for a pound.
Mustachio

Post by Mustachio »

Tinned potatoes .... never even considered it before. So simple it's stupid!

I'll be getting a bunch to store next time I go shopping.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

sherrifsam wrote:Thanks for all the feed back so far,

Krisward what does the rice you mention taste like? I incorporate some of my food preps like rice, pasta, oats in my diet so I wouldn't like to stock up on it if it was foul,

Ill be off shopping over the next couple of days, so ill take head of the advice and let you all know what I get.

Oh and any one who's Asdas have an "ethnic foods isle" normally have an offer for kidney beans, tinned tomatoes, and chick peas 4 tins for a pound.

Hi, welcome to the forum. Would you mind popping into the New Members Start Here section and saying hello - thanks.
sherrifsam

Post by sherrifsam »

Ok here's what I've bought this week,

RICE 2 kg 80P
TINNED MADARINS IN JUICE X 4 92P
TINNED KIDNEY BEANS X 5 £1.05
STILL WATER 1O LTR £1.70
SALT 1 KG 25P
TINNED CHICKEN SOUP X 1 22P

TOTAL £4.94

I'm really enjoying this its making me think more carefully about what I buy.