New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
eastmidsprepper

Post by eastmidsprepper »

just thought I'd say hi to everyone for a start. New to prepping but :D been a kinda outdoors kinda person for years , just starting my BOB so any help or ideas I'd be grateful.
preppingsu

Re: Newbie

Post by preppingsu »

Hello and welcome.

Lots of discussions and ideas about BOBs, EDCs and GHBs here

viewforum.php?f=42
eastmidsprepper

I've gone for a cheap Molle copy off eBay for now , the 30l type , and concentrate on getting quality items to put in it, then update later to a maxpedition one when funds are low, then pass it on to my son.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum.:)

Sounds like a good start.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Cromicon

Post by Cromicon »

Hello and welcome! You sound like you have a good starting plan. Remember while there are certain generic items that belong in a BOB or EDC there will be items that are specific to the needs of you and your family.
eastmidsprepper

Yeah I know , as a spectacle wearer I Deffo need to put a spare set in with one of those tiny glasses tool kits as well , never seen anyone mention that before ,
tigs

Post by tigs »

welcome to the forum
Ready for Anything

http://autonopedia.org/ if still out try facebook https://www.facebook.com/Autonopedia

Area 8
Al_Shrew

Post by Al_Shrew »

eastmidsprepper wrote:Yeah I know , as a spectacle wearer I Deffo need to put a spare set in with one of those tiny glasses tool kits as well , never seen anyone mention that before ,
As a person also being cursed by four eye syndrome I've also needed spare pairs. I took advantage of an online company doing a 50% sale which included BOGOF so for the price of one pair from my opticians I got four pairs. One to use, one kept in the car, one at work and one at home. As for repair kits I've two, home and work ( I think I picked them up quite cheap from Tesco, although they might not be the best quality they matched my budget.)