cat problem

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture

Re: cat problem

Post by 24942895 »

I used to use a cheap low powered electric BB gun to send plastic BB's into the bushes around them when I saw them coming into the garden. It wouldn't have done any damage if I'd hit one but I always shot really wide, the sound of the BB's hitting the leaves made it a scary place and they just stopped coming in quite quickly.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
just a number, nothing to see here, move along now..
border reiver

Post by border reiver »

i just have chicken wire fences around the edge and netting on top to stop birds, also as a cat owner i can say that a squirt of water will keep them from comming back.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Nothing will stop cats, they're like zombies :tinfoil :tinfoil

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
badgersden

Post by badgersden »

just a update citrus peel did not work well had to chicken mesh the lot,now they have decided to crap all over me lawn instead i think in revenge, there time will come i think a good soaking with hose might be next
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

An update from me, I bought a couple of cheapo water pistols from the pound shop on monday and have been blasting every feline that has come into the garden. They seem to have got the message! :lol: :lol:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Erinlouiser

Post by Erinlouiser »

I used to have this problem, I have 2 cats who seem to invite all their mates round to poop in the veggie patches!! I have chicken wire on some and on one I have built large covers from wood and some net curtain material which also keeps the bugs out! :mrgreen:
MastiffJim

Post by MastiffJim »

Best thing to solve it without damaging the appearance of your garden and forking out on cat repellant's that half of the time does not work

orange peel works very well and its free

or

lavender is my personal favorite it attracts bee's to help with your veg and other plant flowering and looks and smells great

if they do not work then you have some pretty stubborn cats on your hands and a super soaker looks like the next best option :D
AREA 5
THE MELEE MASTER
Slazanger

Post by Slazanger »

stevegray wrote:I've heard that orange peel can be used to repel cats.
Yep, orange & lemon skin kept our 2 cats in check....
badgersden

Post by badgersden »

Slazanger wrote:
stevegray wrote:I've heard that orange peel can be used to repel cats.
Yep, orange & lemon skin kept our 2 cats in check....

i tried orange and lemon peel and they did not work at all, normally cats don't do there business on there own land they prefer other peoples nicely dug flower or veg plots :)
Isabo

Post by Isabo »

I have cats of my own so no strange cat's dare go into my garden. (Nor do mouse, rats, moles e.a.. Well, they do try but usually get killed)

To keep them from pooping in the garden I have iron wire over the bed's and pot's or iron fences which can be removed when the plant's are bigger.

My neighbours all have concrete and/or dogs so no problem's there.