What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

How are you preparing
Nurseandy

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

Post by Nurseandy »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:06 pm Leave it and chuck some sh1t around it just don't burry the crown

Split / move in the autumn

https://www.rhs.org.uk/vegetables/rhubarb/grow-your-own
That's wot I said just not so eloquently :lol: :lol:
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Nurseandy wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:07 pm
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:06 pm Leave it and chuck some sh1t around it just don't burry the crown

That's wot I said just not so eloquently :lol: :lol:

Started typing sorted out marble rush which someone wanted building like the picture on the box, found the RHS page finished a cuppa off and hit submit ;)

Mines not showing yet but it got buried with chicken coup floor sweepings at the back end it'll push through
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

I like the RHS site no messing clear info :)
Got to get me some of that good 5h1t :)

You'll note from my other thread that I'm very worried about the risk of bringing Grazon herbicide onto the site.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

New shelves for the new prep room. Washing up bowl holds the household first aid kit and other first aid stuff.

They match the clothes rail

Sod's law, my other floors look like the shelves and clothes rail wood, but that might have been overkill.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Frnc wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:15 pm New shelves for the new prep room. Washing up bowl holds the household first aid kit and other first aid stuff. What else shall I put on them? This is all extra space, for MORE STUFF!!

They match the clothes rail

Sod's law, my other floors look like the shelves and clothes rail wood, but that might have been overkill.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

jennyjj01 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:50 pm
I like the RHS site no messing clear info :)
Got to get me some of that good 5h1t :)

You'll note from my other thread that I'm very worried about the risk of bringing Grazon herbicide onto the site.
Spent the week pretty much bugged in recovering from Lurgey. We've all been ill since about 20 Dec, with hacking coughs and sore throats (Not covid). Hopefully I'm almost recovered, but family are still struggling.

I finally got my lotment keys. Planted my egyptian Walking onions into pods. Transplanted my sprouted garlic in to a planter.
I've been poring over seed catalogues and online listings and wringing my hands over the risk of putting lots of effort and some expense in and losing crops of spuds and tomatoes to blight, and losing alliums to onion and leek infections. That would break my heart.
Tomorrow, weather permitting, I will break ground in anger. Let's see how much I can do in half a day. I'll sure be pacing myself.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Frnc wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:15 pm New shelves for the new prep room. Washing up bowl holds the household first aid kit and other first aid stuff. What else shall I put on them?
Easy go to stuff:

Spare toilet rolls
Bath towels
Head torches
screwdrivers and pliers
superglue
zip ties

stuff you might need right away and going to the right place and box might take too long.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Frnc wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:15 pm New shelves for the new prep room. Washing up bowl holds the household first aid kit and other first aid stuff.
Frnc, the finish on *all* of it looks great, good for you.

I've done so little today :( though there have been two deliveries - emergency order of feta cheese (it was because it was an emergency I bought from Waitrose :oops: :oops: :oops: and a new back door mat, 100% jute, no outgassing, noffink. Wanted to do gardening, but raining **again**.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

pseudonym wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:05 pm
Frnc wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:15 pm New shelves for the new prep room. Washing up bowl holds the household first aid kit and other first aid stuff. What else shall I put on them?
Easy go to stuff:

Spare toilet rolls
Bath towels
Head torches
screwdrivers and pliers
superglue
zip ties

stuff you might need right away and going to the right place and box might take too long.
Cheers, good idea. Obviously the lodgers know about the first aid kit so other general stuff they might want could go there. Our bog rolls come in a box too big for the shelves, but I could always take them out. At the moment they are on top of the landing wardrobe.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Arzosah wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:16 pm
Frnc, the finish on *all* of it looks great, good for you.
Thank you. It's not real wood, but I like the look of it anyway. I do have plenty of real wood in the house.