What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

How are you preparing
Kiwififer

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

Post by Kiwififer »

Not quite sure what is going on with my edit button here.

If anyone has ideas for storage, it would be great as it’s a bit of a dead space cupboard.

Ta.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Storage idea find some boxes you like then get some 2x2" battens screw to the wall either side and taper some shelving to the depth you have to play with I'll go find my pictures
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Kiwififer wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:04 pm Not quite sure what is going on with my edit button here.

If anyone has ideas for storage, it would be great as it’s a bit of a dead space cupboard.

Ta.
Screenshot_20230222-213122.png

Kiwififer

Post by Kiwififer »

Cheers!
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Kiwififer wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:45 pmCheers!
No worries the top shelf sticks out further than the rest but the first three are roughly plumb so wide medium and slim following the slope at the back..

Need to clear the cupboard you can't see them at the moment it's full of crap again :lol:

preppermike

Post by preppermike »

Frnc wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:21 pm
preppermike wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:37 pm
Frnc wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:29 pm Sorted the drawers in my Prep Room a bit. It's not all prep stuff in them. They are worn and they stick or fall off the wooden rails, a nightmare to open and close. Ordered some sticky labels so at least I only have to grapple with the right one (I never know which is which, especially as I rearranged them when I moved the drawers).
Also reorganised stuff a bit, so now I have
1. Prep stuff like soap, toothpaste supplies plus one or two basic tools
2. Towels, things I might wear in the spring, eg cotton joggers, spare pyjama bottoms (I just wear a t-shirt top)
3. Summer gear
4. Winter gear (this is almost empty as it's all hung up ready for use, because it's still winter!)
5. Toileteries, shavers etc
6. Crap, mostly clothes I never wear I should sell, donate or chuck.

And I just rang a furniture restorer to get a quote.
Good idea using drawers, I have a makeshift shelving set up in my home office. I need to do a sort of stock take to understand where everything is it. It's very much hidden in plain sight.

I've this very second just got done fixing my leaky water butt :lol:. I think the hard frosts we've had caused a small crack to appear, resolved the problem with some gorilla sealant tape, it's great stuff!
What's that you say? Your butt has a small crack?
Not tried Gorilla, I have Duck and 3M, both very good.
I have two shelving units as well. I use plastic bins on one. I sorted those yesterday actually, emptied both on my bed and put all the cooking gear in one and fishing gear plus other bits in the other. Another has bike parts. They have lids so I keep stuff on top as well.
:lol: :lol: fixed now though!

Sounds like you're making full use of the space available to you. Nice one :)
www.codewithmike.com - Tech Reviews, Prepper Gear, Gaming Blog
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

preppermike wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:01 am
preppermike wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:37 pm

Good idea using drawers, I have a makeshift shelving set up in my home office. I need to do a sort of stock take to understand where everything is it. It's very much hidden in plain sight.

I've this very second just got done fixing my leaky water butt :lol:. I think the hard frosts we've had caused a small crack to appear, resolved the problem with some gorilla sealant tape, it's great stuff!
I have two shelving units as well. I use plastic bins on one. I sorted those yesterday actually, emptied both on my bed and put all the cooking gear in one and fishing gear plus other bits in the other. Another has bike parts. They have lids so I keep stuff on top as well.

I could store a bit more food, but as others have found, you can end up struggling a bit to use stocks up as they start to expire. Especially if you have a lot of something you don't normally eat very often.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Frnc wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:18 am
preppermike wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:01 am

I could store a bit more food, but as others have found, you can end up struggling a bit to use stocks up as they start to expire. Especially if you have a lot of something you don't normally eat very often.
We have run our excess storage down since the end of November. Initially it was because our ‘emergency’ started and my income dried up. Now I am pleased to say that our storage is pretty much in the main kitchen pantry. Still plenty there,and all dated well! Whilst it is ‘best before’ not ‘use by’ it’s still a good thing. Yesterday in hospital I was told that my diet must be as though I was a pregnant woman! :lol: Basically, I have to have safe food. Oh yes,still plenty of tinned tomatoes,peas and carrots to cover us over the panic buying that will occur in the UK :lol: :lol: :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

No blue cheese for you then no rare steak :shock:

Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Got a flood warning last night suppose bin the grand scheme of things good job it's been so dry lately and was little wind....

Spring tide....
Screenshot_20230223-101144.png
Screenshot_20230223-101159.png