Ecoflow river 2

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
pseudonym

Re: Ecoflow river 2

Post by pseudonym »

It's great doing RL tests on your own appliances, gives you a base line. :P
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Very impressed by with it for its size ..

Roll on some decent sun shine then I can see how it handles being solar charged it'll start saving a little bit of money whilst providing a bit of resilience to boot
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

3.6w filament led lamp equivalent to 40w tungsten filament... (Mains)

16+ hours
Screenshot_20230208-221605.png
Screenshot_20230208-221456~2.png
Need to dig the usb bulb out and see how long it will run that :lol:

And do a play to see if the 12v / mains camping TV will run longer on 12v or mains .... The household TV is just an experiment but keeping the kids happy and content will be important if the grid goes down for both my sanity and their safety :lol: :shock: ;) I mean happiness and contentment plus they will stay out the way when off grid cooking for example which obviously has some inherent extra risk :D

The 1hr recharge time if the grid comes back up or I fire the generator up is another advantage

Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Had a bit of time this morning and the weak spring sunshine made an appearance :o

So I dropped the ecoflow to 89% was aiming for 90% but got distracted by paw patrol and a missing pup in a toy box :?
Screenshot_20230219-194125.png

So anyway hooked it up to a total of 150w of panels it's rated at 110w input but the weak sun reduced the panels full capacity...

Screenshot_20230219-194134.png

So in under 15 minutes it had put the 11% charge back into the battery

As the cooling fan cut in it must have been pulling a watt if power away from the battery hence the 1w loss
Screenshot_20230219-112011~2.png
Did get a few bits of cloud drifting across the sky and shadows cast taking pictures :lol: so it dropped a bit of wattage as and when hence the 15 minutes but I'm happy with that

pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Good to get the Real world tests in. My Jackery takes longer (old tech) so good to see the Ecoflow's working well.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
preppermike

Post by preppermike »

I was lucky enough to be sent a review unit of the River 2 to write a review on my tech blog. Paired with a solar panel it's a proper bit of kit!

EcoFlow units can be quite pricey but this one is quite modest for it's list of features.

I tend to use this whilst out in the garden / camping as it's just about portable enough.

Mike.
Last edited by preppermike on Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.codewithmike.com - Tech Reviews, Prepper Gear, Gaming Blog
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

preppermike wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:06 pm I was lucky enough to be sent a review unit of the River 2 to write a review on my tech blog, if you wanted to check it out. Hopefully you'll find it a useful read.
Paired with a solar panel it's a proper bit of kit!
Hi Mike - can you please advise whether your blog is monetised? We don't allow members to promote their own sites, if they are commercial unless it's just in your sig. Thanks.
preppermike

Post by preppermike »

itsybitsy wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:14 pm
preppermike wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:06 pm I was lucky enough to be sent a review unit of the River 2 to write a review on my tech blog, if you wanted to check it out. Hopefully you'll find it a useful read. .

Hi Mike - can you please advise whether your blog is monetised? We don't allow members to promote their own sites, if they are commercial unless it's just in your sig. Thanks.
Hi, yes it is.

Just thought it'd be useful to readers, it doesn't earn enough to cover the hosting costs anyway :lol:

More of a hobby blog.

So sorry, I've removed the link.

Cheers,

Mike.
www.codewithmike.com - Tech Reviews, Prepper Gear, Gaming Blog
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

preppermike wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:29 pm
itsybitsy wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:14 pm
preppermike wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:06 pm I was lucky enough to be sent a review unit of the River 2 to write a review on my tech blog, if you wanted to check it out. Hopefully you'll find it a useful read.

Hi, yes it is.

Just thought it'd be useful to readers, it doesn't earn enough to cover the hosting costs anyway :lol:

More of a hobby blog.

So sorry, I've removed the link.

Cheers,

Mike.
Appreciate that - it's just that we have to treat everyone the same. Thanks for being upfront about the monetisation.
moominmama

Post by moominmama »

I have been looking at options for a backup, and an considering Ugreen PowerRoam 1200W, mainly due to fast recharge and battery composition for longer life battery, and at the moment cheaper than Jackery, or other alternatives. I am concerned that this is a relatively new area for the company, and that it has in the past had variable reviews.

I wondered if anyone here had looked into this company, or had real world experience they could share.